Technology now affords us the opportunity to become the land-grant university of the world. It enables new programs, creates partnerships, sparks connections to our passionate Ohio State alumni, and provides a global student body access to Ohio State's top-notch educators and researchers.
We look forward to working with faculty and departments on distance programs. The fundamentals to start developing distance programs are:
- Principles and Goals: The university's distance education goals and values
- Business Model: How distance programs are funded, what services ODEE provides, and what student fees are collected
- Program Development: Understanding all components of program development and approval is essential to a program's success.
- Course Development: Explore steps, templates, and considerations in developing an online course
- Faculty Resources: Discover the support, resources, and training available to help faculty become excellent online instructors
Curious about our current distance programs? You can view an up-to-date listing of current programs available.
Interested in developing a distance education program? Contact Us. Early involvement helps streamline the program development process.
For updates, check the ODEE Distance Education blog.