Contact the Office of Distance Education & eLearning at (614) 292-8860 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the undergraduate non-degree application process, academic advising needs, and for scheduling assistance.
Contact the Student Services Center (SSC) at (614) 292-0300 with questions regarding financial aid, holds, statement of account, official transcripts, and enrollment verification.
|Monday||8:00am - 5:00pm*|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 5:00pm*|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Thursday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
*Extended hours by appointment only. Early closing Friday, October 9, 4:30pm due to traffic closures for Homecoming events.
The Office of Distance Education and eLearning (ODEE) is an enrollment unit with special emphasis on academic advising for adult students who want to take undergraduate courses and are not currently interested in earning a degree from Ohio State. Extended Education students take undergraduate courses (for which they meet prerequisites) for academic credit. Extended Education students are undergraduate non-degree seekers, or for those enrolled at other post-secondary institutions, undergraduate visiting students. Those interested in graduate enrollment: please contact Graduate Admissions gradadmissions.osu.edu
Our Extended Education students fall into these learner categories:
- Students with some college credit who are reentering the university environment after an absence
- Students with post-secondary degrees completing prerequisites for graduate or professional study
- Adults attending college for the first time
- Adults who want to update career knowledge and skills, widen career options or explore a new discipline
- Professionals (such as educators) renewing certification/licensure
- Lifelong learners who enjoy academic opportunity and seek new ideas
- Students currently enrolled at another post-secondary institution interested in transferring Ohio State credit back to their home institution
Dates and Deadlines
Online application deadlines for new domestic students
|Online Application Deadline||In-Office Admission **|
|Summer 2015*||April 1, 2015||April 2, 2015 - May 8, 2015|
|Autumn 2015||May 1, 2015||May 4, 2015 - August 21, 2015|
|Spring 2016||November 1, 2015||November 2, 2015 - January 8, 2016|