Using CarmenConnect (Hands-On)
Fri Apr 25, 201410:00AM-12:00PM460B, Prior Hall
This hands-on workshop will provide instructors and staff with the basic skills needed to hold a class or meeting in CarmenConnect (Ohio State's webinar service). This hands-on session is intended for beginners, but is also good for users who want a better understanding of the system.
We will cover:
- General orientation to CarmenConnect
- Setting up and managing an online meeting room
- Understanding roles and permissions for users in a Connect room
- Working with Pods, Layouts, Content, and other options
If time permits, we will also practice communicating with each other in a live Connect session. You may wish to bring files or other material to upload. ...Read more
Carmen: Strategies for Grading Online - Turnitin (Hands-On)
Thu May 01, 20142:00PM-4:00PM460B, Prior Hall
This hands-on session will review several different strategies for assessing writing assignments and providing feedback to students within Carmen. We'll cover 3 main topics:
- creating and using a Carmen Rubric
- understanding the Dropbox feedback options
- using Turnitin (OrgininalityCheck and GradeMark) with the Dropbox
We recommend you have an understanding of how to navigate Carmen and set basic tool properties before attending this workshop. If you need to learn basic Carmen skills, please ...Read more
Carmen: Getting Started (Hands-On)
Mon May 05, 20141:15PM-3:15PM186, Hagerty Hall
This hands-on workshop will provide instructors and staff with the skills needed to set up a basic course in Carmen, OSU's course management system. This session is intended for instructors and staff who are new to Carmen, but is also good for users who want a better understanding of the system:
- General orientation to Carmen
- Uploading, organizing and sharing documents in Content
- Using the HTML editor, Publish / Draft status, Due Dates, and basic Restrictions
- Using News and other strategies to
Carmen: Quizzes (Hands-On)
Tue May 06, 20141:00PM-3:00PM135, Stillman Hall
Stillman 135 is not a computer lab, please bring your own laptop if you would like this session to be hands-on. Otherwise, feel free to follow along with the instructor.
Learn to create questions of various types and build quizzes in Carmen with a variety of options and settings. This hands-on session includes a review of security issues and options.
We recommend you have an understanding of how to navigate Carmen and set basic tool properties before attending this workshop. If you need to learn ...Read more
iTunes U: An Introduction
Thu May 08, 20141:30PM-3:00PM186, Hagerty Hall
Before attending this workshop, please view Ohio State’s iTunes U info page at: http://odee.osu.edu/itunes-u
- Overview of iTunes U and Ohio State’s role using this educational technology.
- To view the learner experience through different devices (e.g., iPad, PC, Mac).
- To explore iTunes U Course Manager, specifically how to create one’s own course.
- To critically examine your goals for why you would like to use iTunes U and what you would like to do with iTunes U in