Review Fee Information, Important Dates and Additional Steps
Tuition Fee Tables: All Extended Education students follow the "All Other Continuing Students" link, and then select "All Other Programs." For Distance Learning (online) courses offered through Columbus: "All Other Programs (ALL distance learning courses)."
Regional Tuition and Fees can found under "Regional" at the bottom of the list.
Additional university fees and fee explanations are found at: Fees Explanation.
Activate your Ohio State Username
Visit my.osu.edu and select "Activate Now!" located in the left sidebar and follow the steps to activate your Ohio State Username (lastname.#).
Log in to BuckeyeMail
BuckeyeMail (email@example.com) is your official Ohio State email account. Instructors or professors may only communicate with you from your BuckeyeMail account for identity verification purposes.
Ohio State students are eligible to use Microsoft Office 365 for free. Your Office 365 ID is your full BuckeyeMail address, and your password is the password you chose when you activated your account at my.osu.edu. For directions on how to download Office 365, visit go.osu.edu/office365help.
Complete an Orientation
Newly admitted students and students returning after a long absence from the university are strongly encouraged to complete an orientation.The orientation will inform you of important resources available to you as well as deadlines and policies you are responsible for being aware of.
Visit u.osu.edu/extendedducation to view the Online Extended Education Orientation.
In you would like to complete your orientation over the phone or in-office, please call the Office of Distance Education & eLearning at 614-292-8860 to schedule your orientation.
Complete your Financial Responsibility Statement
Each term, the university will put a registration hold on your account if you have not completed the Financial Responsibility Statement. This hold will prevent you from enrolling into courses, so be sure to complete the statement as soon as you have access to your account. Follow the hyperlinks within My Buckeye Link under To Do List to complete this item. Find more information here.
Meet Your Advisor
Please go to go.osu.edu/OnCourse to schedule an academic advising appointment. Select Extended Education as your major/department and Extended Education – Mount Hall as the Location. If you are unable to access OnCourse, please call 614-292-8860.
Verify You Meet Course Prerequisites (Transfer Credits)
Extended Education students do not receive transfer credit in My Buckeye Link, so they must work with an advisor to enroll in classes that require a prerequisite or instructor/department permission. Enrollment permission may be obtained either using the Course Enrollment Permission form, or via written enrollment permission from the instructor via email (which you may forward to your advisor). The permission form may be found at go.osu.edu/coursepermission. Once your enrollment appointment begins, take your signed permission form to your academic advisor. Your advisor will add the course to your class schedule.
Make sure you meet all prerequisite requirements for your class before registering. You can view course prerequisites by selecting on the class number in the course offering search results to see the class details. If you have met the prerequisites with coursework completed at another institution, please consult with your academic advisor to ensure they will meet requirements for your course at Ohio State.
Note for Continuing Status Non-Degree Students
If you have received a bachelor’s degree from another institution, please inform the admission counselor or your advisor of the name of the institution, major or area studied and minor, as well as the date the degree was received as this information will be used to set your future enrollment rank status.
Visiting Students Enrolling in Math Courses
Visiting Students interested in taking a math course will find procedures for prerequisite verification at math.osu.edu/visiting-students. The Visiting Student Prerequisite Verification Form will require an Advising Report to be attached. To generate the Advising Report, log into My Buckeye Link at buckeyelink.osu.edu and beneath the Academics heading select Generate Advising Report. Save the report, as you will need to attach the report as well as an unofficial transcript with the Verification Form.
Arts and Sciences Pre-Health Advising
The Arts and Sciences Advising team with work with current and prospective students, including Extended Education, undergraduate non-degree students who are planning to go into the health/medical field. Visit Arts and Sciences Pre-Health to learn more.
Review the Student Handbook
Review the Student Handbook for information regarding the code of conduct, dropping courses, university resources and more.
Ohio State Employees: Tuition Assistance Plan Information
You will find the Faculty and Staff Tuition Assistance Plan Guidelines at hr.osu.edu/benefits; select Financial, then Faculty and Staff Tuition Assistance.
- Eligible employees must meet admission requirements and be admitted to the University to use the tuition assistance plan.
- Eligible employees do not have to sign up for the tuition assistance plan. The registration system has information about your employee status and will apply the benefit automatically if you are eligible.
- For eligible employees, the plan pays for the general, instructional fees, and non-resident fees up to a specified limit, for up to 10 credit hours in a single term. This includes non-degree credit earning enrollment at the undergraduate or graduate level. The employee is responsible for all other fees, including the student union facility fee, student activity fee, COTA bus fee, lab fees, distance education fee, etc.
- You may incur fee adjustments (which also may be referred to as forfeiture charges) if you withdraw from courses. The Plan will pay the fee adjustment for one academic term while you are actively employed with the university. A completed One-Time-Forgiveness Benefit Application and approval from the Office of Human Resources is required. You can only use this waiver once. Fee adjustments will be your responsibility if you have already used the one-time waiver. Employees should visit Faculty and Staff Tuition Assistance, and select Fee Adjustments to access this application. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Also, be aware, graduate level tuition benefits are taxable after a specified amount.