Graduation and Your Accounts
Our big day is almost here. The day we’ve been striving for ever since we started college our freshman year. We’ve been dreaming what this moment would look like. What city we’ll end up in, and what job we’ll have. And, guess what - we all did it. Whether you’re starting your dream job in California, moving overseas to teach English in Taiwan or still figuring out your next move, we’ve made it to the finish line.
There are some housekeeping things to keep in mind when it comes to our continued relationship with the university. Some of the main features and software programs that we’ve been using as students, we will no longer have access to post graduation.
First and foremost, although our Ohio State Username (name.#) and Password remain the same, the systems we can access will change. Many services are only accessible through these credentials, but you can prepare in advance to avoid issues from this loss of access. It is recommended to review the impacted services and complete maintenance activities by Friday, May 6th.
The main items that will be changing in some way, shape or form, includes:
- BuckeyeBox: Upon graduation, you won't be able to log in to BuckeyeBox, and your shared collaborations will be removed. Files are not deleted but you will want to manage them before losing access. We are not able to transfer files for you.
- Email: Although your buckeyemail will not change, if you want to forward your email@example.com address to another email service (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) for life. If this is already configured, no additional steps are needed. Any changes to email delivery may be made by logging into my.osu.edu and selecting Change Email Delivery.
- U.OSU: Your U.OSU access will also be impacted. When you lose access, you will be unable to sign into the site, even to delete it. It’s simple to save your content by exporting it to another WordPress site. Check out this Resource Center article for a walk-through of the WordPress export process. If you used your U.OSU account to manage a group blog or website, transfer your site to a new user or change admins.
- Wireless: You will retain access to “osuwireless” for 2 years after graduation. You will always have access to the “WiFi@OSU” visitor network. Please note that “WiFi@OSU” is unencrypted.
- Office 365 Student Advantage/ProPlus: Your access to Student Advantage/Office 365 Student Advantage/ProPlus will continue for 2 years after you graduate.
- Student Center: For two years after graduation you can log into buckeyelink.osu.edu to view your financial and academic history, update personal information and more.
Finally, we're graduating, so now is the perfect time to ask for a graduation gift from your parents that might include a new shiny laptop or tablet. You can entice them by telling them it’s your last chance to use Tech Hub’s student discount. You’ll never get a better deal.
If you need any additional assistance, you know the drill, contact 8-HELP (614) 688-4357. Best of luck to all of your future endeavors and congratulations Class of 2016! Go Bucks!