Apply for Student Tech Grants at Tech Hub
Do you have a great idea for a tech project? Whether you are looking to create a personal finance app, a fine art installation, or a technology product, we are looking to help you make your tech ideas a reality. This fall we have a total pool of up to $10,000 to award to three student projects that use technology in novel ways.
The guidelines are simple enough;
- You must be a student at The Ohio State University.
- You must apply on or before October 30
- You can request up to $5,000.*
- Your project should demonstrate a connection to innovative uses of technology.
- You, or a member of your team, must commit to giving at 5-10-minute project pitch at our student voting event on Tuesday, November 15. Voting at the conclusion of this event will help determine the 2016 grant recipients.
- If selected for a grant, you will need to keep us posted. This means sending us monthly updates and photos, and presenting in the Spring on your progress.
Beyond our guidelines, the rest is fair game. The way technology manifests in your idea, if you work with others or by yourself, and how much money you need to achieve your vision*- that’s all up to you. Our only recommendation is to hone your project description, and provide visuals or mock-ups to help the selection committee understand your concept.
Once you have applied our selection committee will choose the top five projects to present at our pitch night on November 15. You will give a 5-10 minute presentation to your peers explaining your idea in more detail. The audience will vote and this will factor into the final selection of awardees.
Use this money to follow your passions, pursue your ideas and explore the possibilities that technology can have to reinvent your area of interest. Our application will close October 30, and you can take a look at our past winners for inspiration. See you in November!
*All requests are subject to evaluation by the Tech Hub grants committee. Grant funding will be determined after successful completion of the student voting event.