U.OSU Offers Five Unique Themes
In case you missed it, U.OSU released two new themes in 2016 to fit a variety of needs, giving you a total of five unique layouts to choose from.
If you’re unfamiliar with U.OSU, just think of it as a free website platform that utilizes features from WordPress, making it easy for you to update and manage your own university- and college-branded web space. U.OSU lets faculty, staff and students share independent work, host course assignments, enhance project visibility, communicate within groups and represent their organizations. And it’s entirely free!
Click through these images to get a glimpse of how you could use each of the five themes available with U.OSU:
- The Ohio State Dark theme is great for a high-contrast blog site, letting the most recent posts really pop on the page.
- The Ohio State Light theme is popular for hosting academic materials, thanks to the side navigation running along the page.
- The Oval theme includes space for a photo header so you can customize the look and feel of the landing page for your site.
- One of the latest themes, Oxley, gives you the option to include feature images, or photo headers, to your posts. This layout is ideal when visuals are a prominent portion of your stories.
- Another new theme, Orton, is designed as an online portfolio space. Use this theme to showcase your projects in the office or the classroom.
Go to https://u.osu.edu to get started with your own professional blog, organization website or project portfolio.