Apply Now: Funding for Canvas Conference
Learn about Canvas from the pros. Hang out with your colleagues from across the university. Spend three days in Keystone, Colorado, July 25-27. Mission: InstructureCon 0017 will be jam-packed with opportunities to dig into Canvas, the engine behind Carmen.
We will be awarding sponsored conference travel to InstructureCon for 16 Ohio State staff and faculty, which includes registration, lodging and transportation between the Denver airport and the conference location. We're looking for a mix of faculty and instructional staff from different colleges and campuses who will make the most out of this experience and participate actively in the Ohio State community as an advocate for Canvas.
Great candidates for this conference will meet the following criteria:
- Must be a full-time employee of the university or an auxiliary teaching faculty with at least two years service at Ohio State.
- Ideal candidates will have already begun using CarmenCanvas and be open to developing their skill set and advancing innovative techniques in their classes.
- All attendees are expected to come with the intent to engage with the university cohort and other InstructureCon attendees. As such, we ask that you do not bring family along.
- It is advised that all attendees follow our travel arrangement specifications regarding flight arrival and departure time ranges and travel dates for the sake of funding compliance and booking group shuttles to and from the airport.
- If you choose to book travel outside of the cohort parameters, you must a) pay for accommodations and shuttles beyond our requisites and b) communicate your plans to the cohort.
- People who traveled with the InstructureCon 2016 cohort are not eligible for funding in 2017, but are warmly encouraged to travel with the group (i.e. share lodging, participate in group activities, etc.)
If you have questions about whether or not you qualify, please contact Tara Koger (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We'll need the following from you, should you choose to accept this mission:
- To attend InstructureCon or reimburse ODEE's expenses (up to $1,000) if you are unable to attend.
- Attend 2-3 pre-conference trainings/group meetings at Ohio State prior to the event.
- Share what you learn at InstructureCon through videos, training materials and/or presentations at Ohio State when you return.
Apply for an InstructureCon funding opportunity by March 10 for consideration. You'll be notified of our selection by March 20. Even if you are not selected for funding, you are still welcome to join the ODEE cohort. We would be happy to help coordinate travel, housing and transportation in Colorado as well as engagement opportunities with the Ohio State community.