Office of Distance Education & eLearning grants are managed by the Learning Technology team. In addition to grants, we offer consultations and support around learning technology. We can also act as liaisons to a strong support network across the university to find you the support you need. Contact us to learn more about the support opportunities below or if you have additional questions.
- Digital Flagship: Digital Flagship is Ohio State’s comprehensive, university-wide digital learning initiative to support educational innovation for students and economic development opportunities for the community.
- The Digital Union (DU): The Digital Union offers free 3D printing, state of the art video and audio studios, meeting space and more. We can help with things like manipulating images in Photoshop, merging PDF files, editing video, graphing data in Excel, formatting a lab report, recording a voiceover, and scanning photos. All resources and assistance are free, with the exception of printing.
- Teaching and Learning Resource Center: ODEE partners with units across campus to contribute to the Teaching and Learning Resource Center, a website for Ohio State educators seeking to enhance their teaching skills and support student success. Browsing the site, you’ll find curated teaching and learning strategies and examples, teaching-related resources, information and opportunities from across the university as well as extensive, Ohio State-specific documentation on the university’s eLearning toolset.
- Michael V. Drake Institute for Teaching and Learning: The Drake Institute exists to assist all those who teach at The Ohio State University to excel in teaching, support student learning, and experience the satisfaction that results from teaching well.
- Teaching with OSUL: Teaching with OSUL develops and teaches credit courses that support the Libraries curricular goals; builds and manages online multimedia learning objects; collects and shares data to assess the instructional program; and provides professional development for librarians to improve their instructional skills.
- Exploring Learning Technologies (ELT): ELT is a grassroots group of staff and faculty focused on enhancing teaching and learning by increasing awareness of emerging technology being used at Ohio State. Meetings are held the third Friday of every month from 10-11:30 a.m.
- Arts and Sciences Technology Services (ASCTech): ASCTech is the main IT support team for the College office and 35 units in Arts and Humanities and Biological Sciences. They coordinate with the 18 department-level IT support teams to provide common IT solutions across the College.
- Education & Human Ecology Educational Technology Services: EHE Educational Technology Services offers a wide variety of online and classroom based eLearning support services. Basic support services are available to all EHE faculty and staff.
- Educause: EDUCAUSE® is a nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology.
- The Sloan Consortium: The Sloan Consortium is an institutional and professional leadership organization dedicated to integrating online education into the mainstream of higher education, helping institutions and individual educators improve the quality, scale, and breadth of online education.
- The New Media Consortium (NMC): The NMC (New Media Consortium) is an international community of experts in educational technology.