The Office of Distance Education & eLearning grants are managed by the Learning Programs team. Regardless if you apply for a grant, we offer consultation and support around learning technology. Additionally, we can act as liaisons to a strong support network across the university to find you the support you need. Contact us to learn more about the support opportunities below or if you have additional questions.
- Digital First: Ohio State’s campuswide initiative enhancing teaching, learning, and research through technology.
- The Digital Union (DU): Support for teaching and learning with technology.
- University Institute for Teaching and Learning: UITL exists to assist all those who teach at The Ohio State University to excel in teaching, support student learning, and experience the satisfaction that results from teaching well.
- Teaching with OSUL: Teaching with OSUL develops and teaches credit courses that support the Libraries curricular goals; builds and manages online multimedia learning objects; collects and shares data to assess the instructional program; and provides professional development for librarians to improve their instructional skills.
- Exploring Learning Technologies (ELT): ELT is a grassroots group of staff and faculty focused on enhancing teaching and learning by increasing awareness of emerging technology being used at OSU. Meetings are held the third Friday of every month from 10-11:30AM in PAES A143.
- Digital Media Collective: DMC is a university-wide group of faculty, staff, and students that connects people who create, manage, and study digital media; shares best practices, goals, and experience in creating and using digital content; and advocates for digital media initiatives that benefit Ohio State and its communities.
- Arts and Sciences Technology Services (ASCTech): ASCTech is the main IT support team for the College office and 35 units in Arts and Humanities and Biological Sciences. They coordinate with the 18 department-level IT support teams to provide common IT solutions across the College.
- Education & Human Ecology Educational Technology Services: EHE Educational Technology Services offers a wide variety of online and classroom based eLearning support services. Basic support services are available to all EHE faculty and staff.
- Educause: EDUCAUSE® is a nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology.
- The Sloan Consortium: The Sloan Consortium is an institutional and professional leadership organization dedicated to integrating online education into the mainstream of higher education, helping institutions and individual educators improve the quality, scale, and breadth of online education.
- The New Media Consortium (NMC): The NMC (New Media Consortium) is an international community of experts in educational technology.
- Gartner Research: Gartner, Inc. is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company.