State Science Day
State Science Day is an event sponsored by the Ohio Academy of Science since 1949.
In 2002, The Ohio State University entered into an agreement to coordinate the event locally at no cost to the academy. The event was assigned to the Office of Continuing Education events management team, now part of the Office of Distance Education and eLearning. Coordination includes facilities, volunteers, logistics, supplies, program design and printing, security, parking, and overall support. The current agreement expires in 2020.
2015 State Science Day
Four, five and six-year awardees were all recognized at the 67th State Science Day Opening Awards Ceremony, and the eight six-year awardees received the rare six-year awardee plaques and $200 each from The Richard Hinig family of New Philadelphia, in honor of their son, Brock:
- Iulia Barbur, Hudson HS, Hudson
- Mica Brooks, Our Lady Of The Elms, Akron
- Karthik Chakravarthy, Beavercreek HS, Beavercreek
- Isaac Bednarki, Benjamin Logan HS, Bellefontaine
- Kyle Davis, Big Walnut HS, Sunbury
- Derek Demel, Athens HS, The Plains
- Bethany Cox, Alliance HS, Alliance
- Abigail Myers, Big Walnut HS, Sunbury
The following eleven schools received the Harold C. Shaw Memorial Outstanding School Award, earned by schools that had at least four students receive a “Superior” rating or had more than four projects with 80 percent of the students receiving a “Superior” and no “Good” ratings:
- Pettisville HS, Pettisville
- St Vincent DePaul, Mt Vernon
- Mentor HS, Mentor
- Paulding HS, Paulding
- Dublin Coffman HS, Dublin
- St Agatha, Columbus
- Upper Arlington HS, Upper Arlington
- St. Columban, Loveland
- Sycamore HS, Cincinnati
- William Mason HS, Mason
- Zane Trace HS, Chillicothe
View a complete roster of participating students and sponsored awards and for more information about State Science Day, visit The Ohio Academy of Science's website, call 614-488-2228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News
- The Ohio Academy of Science
Great Stories about student scientists from across Ohio!
-The Plain Dealer
-The Marion Star
-New Albany News
2016 State Science Day
68th Annual State Science Day hosted by The Ohio State University
Date: Saturday, May 14, 2016
Location: French Field House and St. John Arena, The Ohio State University
- Lock your doors and keep all valuables with you or locked up and out of sight at all times.
- Pay attention to your surroundings! Park and walk in well-lit areas at night, and do not walk alone.
- Call the police department if you need to report suspicious activity. Emergency phones (plainly marked pole with a blue light on top) are situated all over campus to contact the police.
Please check back for important announcements about traffic, parking, and local events that could have an effect your travel or stay in Columbus for the 2016 State Science Day.
Reach 4,000 potential students and families by advertising in the 68th Annual State Science Day Program. Don't let your college or organization be left out of this opportunity!
The State Science Day Program is 8.5in x 11in and vertical in its orientation. A variety of sizes in affordable advertisement space is available to fit your need and budget.
|AD Rate||Width x Height|
|Cover Advertisement (Full-Page Color)*||$800.00||7.5 x 10|
|Full-Page (Black & White)||$600.00||7.5 x 10|
|Half-Page (Black & White)||$400.00||7.5 x 4.75|
|Quarter-Page (Black & White)||$200.00||3.5 x 4.75|
|Business Card (Black & White)||$100.00||3.5 x 2|
* Two (2) full-color cover ad spaces are available on a first come, first serve basis