State Science Day
State Science Day is an event sponsored by the Ohio Academy of Science since 1949.
In 2002, The Ohio State University entered into an agreement to coordinate the event locally at no cost to the academy. The event was assigned to the Office of Continuing Education events management team, now part of the Office of Distance Education and eLearning. Coordination includes facilities, volunteers, logistics, supplies, program design and printing, security, parking, and overall support. The current agreement expires in 2020.
The following four, five six and seven year awardees were all presented awards at the 68th State Science Day Awards Ceremony for this distinguished accomplishment:
- Seven Year Awardees- Derek Demel, Abigail Myers
- Six Year Awardees - Rama Balasubramaniam, Thomas Chaney, Allison Chitwood, Shelby Dalton, Vanessa Frank, Shelby Griffith, Sarah Lendon, Aishwarya Murali, Katherine Murphy, Swathi Murthy, Nishant Pradhan, Sammie Rowland, Srinath Seshadri, Jackson Tankersley & Wesley Wolf
Five Year Awardees - Zaneh Adya, Abigail Ambrose, Rohit Chakravarthy, Cassidy Corcoran, Kathryn Dispenza, Edward Drabold, Sanjeev Gunawardena, Israa Hamdan, Sarah Holmes, Aditya Jog, Panayotis Manganaris, Cade McGarvey, Faith Myers, Grace Palaparty, Kyle Peck, Julia Pei, Vidur Prasad, Madison Siders & Mary Skelton
Four Year Awardees - Nathaniel Ackerman, Fatimah Aftab, Nathan Bell, Bryan Borodkin, Jamie Bradbury, Adam Buynak, Maximilian Chmura, Lucas Clark, Mariah Cox, Jacob Dennis, Josephina Fornara, Natalie Frank, Vardaan Gangal, Shari Gordnier, Matthew Isakson, Joseph Kruse, Anna Kruse, Karenna Langhals, Sriman Marpadga, Francesca Masso-Rivetti, Addyson Miller-Brown, Atneya Nair, Alexandria Oliverio & Kavin Vedamoorthy
The following eleven schools received the Harold C. Shaw Memorial Outstanding School Award, earned by schools that had at least four students receive a “Superior” rating or had more than four projects with 80 percent of the students receiving a “Superior” and no “Good” ratings:
- Genoa Middle School, Westerville
- Incarnate Wood Acaademy, Parma Heights
- Louisville High School, Louisville
- St. Columban School, Loveland
- Sycamore High School, Cincinnati
- Sylvania Southview High School, Sylvania
View a complete roster of participating students and sponsored awards and for more information about State Science Day, visit The Ohio Academy of Science's website, call 614-488-2228 or email email@example.com.
2017 State Science Day
69th Annual State Science Day hosted by The Ohio State University
Date: Saturday, May 13, 2017
Location: French Field House and St. John Arena, The Ohio State University
- Lock your doors and keep all valuables with you or locked up and out of sight at all times.
- Pay attention to your surroundings! Park and walk in well-lit areas at night, and do not walk alone.
- Call the police department if you need to report suspicious activity. Emergency phones (plainly marked pole with a blue light on top) are situated all over campus to contact the police.
Please check back for important announcements about traffic, parking, and local events that could affect your travel or stay in Columbus for the 2017 State Science Day.
Reach 4,000 potential students and families by advertising in the 69th Annual State Science Day Program. Don't let your college or organization be left out of this opportunity!
The State Science Day Program is 8.5in x 11in and vertical in its orientation. A variety of sizes in affordable advertisement space is available to fit your need and budget.
|AD Rate||Width x Height|
|Cover Advertisement (Full-Page Color)*||$800.00||7.5 x 10|
|Full-Page (Black & White)||$600.00||7.5 x 10|
|Half-Page (Black & White)||$400.00||7.5 x 4.75|
|Quarter-Page (Black & White)||$200.00||3.5 x 4.75|
|Business Card (Black & White)||$100.00||3.5 x 2|
* Two (2) full-color cover ad spaces are available on a first come, first serve basis