Course Learning Outcomes
Questions to Inform Design
- What course goals, skills, concepts (if any) may be an obstacle for students with:
- Students with visual disabilities?
- Students with auditory disabilities?
- Students with cognitive disabilities?
- Students with motor disabilities?
- Students with English as a second language?
Resources for Support
Example: The learning outcome below would not be accessible for all learners and may require further discussion within the college/program:
Students will assess visual aesthetics in filmography.
This would require conversations within the college about what options exist for students with visual impairment or whether this outcome must be adjusted to allow for a wider variety of aesthetics to be considered.
Checkpoints for Universal Design
- Any fundamental challenges to accessibility based on course outcomes have been addressed with the college.
- If further consultation is needed, requested consult with web accessibility team.