Questions to Guide Design
- What technologies/tools would you like to bring into the course content/activities?
- What accessibility challenges do these tools/technologies pose for:
- Students with visual disabilities?
- Students with auditory disabilities?
- Students with cognitive disabilities?
- Students with motor disabilities?
- Students with English as a second language?
- How does the desired format post both benefits and/or challenges for accessibility?
- What prior knowledge/skills with technology will be needed?
- How might student characteristics impact the design?
Resources for Support
- Carmen Accessible Content
- CarmenConnect Accessibility
- CarmenWiki Accessibility
- Mediasite Accessibility
- SoftChalk Accessibility
- U.OSU Universal Design
Reflect on unique learner needs using the Universal Design Through Multiple Lenses job aid.
Checkpoints for Universal Design
- New technologies are evaluated for accessibility challenges/concerns alongside the Web Accessibility Team.*
- Viable alternatives or solutions for course technologies that pose accessibility challenges are determined.*
- Accessibility challenges of common/supported technology tools are addressed and will be considered in design.*
- Implications of student characteristics to design are assessed.